Accident and Injury Lawyers: What to Expect After an Accident and Different Cases
Accident and personal injury lawyers are the most important person you can have any type of injury and damage you suffered due to the fault and negligence of another. These kinds of cases will most likely involve an insurance company wanting to keep their money and avoid any payout of maximum compensation.
Luckily, most personal injury attorneys offer a free initial consultation about your accident and injury to discuss your case and feel comfortable enough to hire them. Even better, there are no out of pocket costs to you. An accident and injury attorney gets paid after insurance companies finally settle or lose in court.
Some important things to know about hiring an personal injury attorney after your accident to compensate you for your injuries include:
1. Case evaluation: During the consultation, the attorney will ask you questions about your the severity of your accident and injury to evaluate how strong your case is and what rights you deserve. They will also explain the legal process and what you can expect if you decide to start a case.
2. Agreement: If you decide to hire the attorney after your accident, you will sign a retainer agreement that describes the terms of their representation. This must include the attorney’s fees and costs, the scope of their representation, and protections for both you and the attorney.
There are several different types of cases that the right accident and injury lawyer will get their client compensated for, below are the most common cases:
1. Car accidents: This is one of the most common types of personal injury cases. If you were injured in a car accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be able to file a claim to recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and other damages.
2. Slip and fall accidents: If you were injured on someone else’s property due to a hazardous condition that the property owner failed to address, that type of accident gives you a premises liability claim.
3. Product liability: If you were injured by a defective product, you may be able to file a product liability claim against the manufacturer or distributor.
4. Medical malpractice: If you have suffered an injury due to a healthcare provider’s negligence and carelessness, you may have a medical malpractice claim.
5. Dog Bites: If you were bitten or attacked by someone else’s dog and the attack was big enough to cause you an injury, you can a claim to recover compensation for your injuries, including medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. In California, dog owners are generally held strictly liable for any injuries their dogs cause, regardless of whether the dog has a history of aggression or the owner knew about the dog’s violent tendencies. This means that you may be able to recover damages from the dog owner even if they were not negligent in controlling their dog.
These are just a few examples of the many types of personal injury cases. It’s important to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney to determine if you have a valuable claim against another person’s negligence and to understand your legal options.